Thursday, June 11, 2009

2nd Baby: Prepared or Getting There

I was commenting to my husband last night on how NOT wierded out I am by the coming of this 2nd baby. This statement might sound contrary to what I've said in other postings, (also here and here)but in fact it's not. I have some anticipation about how the baby will fit in to our lives, especially for my DS. And I have these minor issues about the gender and about whether or not I will love it, but I know these things will be resolved when the baby is born... well, I'm counting on it, anyway.

My attitude towards the arrival of our second child is very matter-of-fact. Compare it to a summer vacation and knowing that in September I'll be in school and I have to make plans around that. We have some major moving and traveling coming up soon and we've had to take a newborn into account in our plans. This planning has been going on for months, so talking about having another baby is really feeling very natural. I'm also getting used to the name we're most seriously considering...

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment