Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Baby Wearer

I want to mention a site I just found about baby wearing. www.thebabywearer.com
I don't usually join a lot of forums, but I posted a question here and got a ton of really good replies almost immediately.

Here is the response I posted to all the replies I got today:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks so much to everyone who's replied. I really did learn a lot so far from your answers, especially the dif between a stretchy and a woven wrap, AND I'm slowly getting caught up on all the acronyms!

In answer to those who asked, what I meant by a hip sling is basically anything that goes over one shoulder and, whether or not it has a buckle or a ring, basically forms a kind of an O shape that you stick the baby in.

As for carrying my toddler while pregnant, I can hardly carry him in my arms over my front -- though I can easily hold him on my hip-- so I can't really wear a carrier over my belly, but I'm totally open to getting a carrier that can be used back and front.

I guess there's no one-size-fits-all or even one bullseye option for each person. Which I guess means it's good that I'm looking into a second carrier as an alternative.

I'm going to mention this site on my blog: http://9moons.blogspot.com. It has been so helpful that I hope it will help other moms / moms to be (MTBs? is that an accepted acronym? (: ).

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment