Monday, June 15, 2009

2nd Pregnancy- Feelings of Guilt

This morning I was reflecting (as I often do)on how much I adore my son. He came running to where I was sitting with a big smile on his face, and as I pulled him up in to my lap, I felt a pang of guilt. What will happen to our special relationship after the new baby comes? Him feeling jealous is secondary on my list of worries. I asked him, as I sometimes do, "would you like to be a big brother?" His answer is usually yes, but this time it was a shake of the head. I tried a different tactic-- also a question I've asked before and to a positive response. "Do you want Mummy to bring a baby home for you?" Again, he gestured in the negative. Oh boy.
It didn't help-- at least, it didn't help how I felt-- when we got to daycare and one of the mom's was holding her two-month-old daughter. I pointed at her as I do to every baby we pass and said 'look, a baby!' Usually, he's interested enough to come over and take a look. Which he did. Then I said 'you want one of those?' Well, he didn't give me any answer this time. Maybe he's coming around.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment