Sunday, June 28, 2009

More on My Feet: Edema and Pregnancy

I know I've been talking a lot about my feet lately but edema has been a theme in the third trimester of my second pregnancy.
The truth is, it's not painful -- except for when I was wading through the wading pool with DS the other day and then for some reason it hurt to drag it through the water-- and I guess the swelling in my feet doesn't make that much difference to my life except for the fact that I'm bursting out of every shoe I own except for my Crocs. Thank God it's summertime or else I don't know what I'd be doing.
My sister saw my feet for the first time the other day and she actually felt so moved that she decided to rub them for me. Maybe edema is a good thing after all. DH is too grossed out by my feet to touch them but it's not because of the water retention. It's because they need a good washing. The ratio of how much barefoot walking I'm inclined towards to how much floor washing I find myself doing lately is quite high.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment