Monday, April 20, 2009

Soon-To-Be-Siblings

The baby in my tummy loves it's soon-to-be brother. DS likes to play rough and rowdy and little fetus likes to kick back. It gets really active when he's around.

Today when I was dropping DS off at kindergarten, I picked up another little kid who was crying and brought her to the teacher. When I turned back, DS was sadly holding his hands up to me. I hope this is not an indication of jealously to come. I have real guilt about bringing another kid into the home. I know that giving my kid a sibling is a great present but logic doesn't necessarily dictate feelings. I want him to always feel as special and get as much attention as he does now. Of course, with a new baby in the house the dynamics will change and even if he has to share the limelight, he will also have an opportunity to love and care for someone smaller than him.

I am open to reassurances.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment