Monday, March 2, 2009

It Kicks!

I felt it for the first time last Wednesday, 5 days ago. Well, to be more accurate, it was more of a poke-- a series of them. And they've been coming on strong ever since. I was lying in bed reading when I first noticed it. Who knows, they might have been going on for days already but I was never still for long enough to pay attention.

I don't remember when I started feeling kicks last time around (hence the need for a blog this time around) but I do remember that it was much more gradual. In the beginning I felt a kick here and a kick there. It was a while before I was really sure what it was. If they started out as a ballet, they ended up as a parade towards the end of the pregnancy. This time it began as a good, fast paced walk. That's what it feels like when he (she?)'s active.

The pokes made me feel... something towards the fetus. I know that until the birth of my DS, I wasn't entirely sure that I was going to like my offspring. I mean, there is a pretty good historical precedent that parents tend to love their kids, but I wasn't entirely sure it would apply. Now that the kicking has begun, I can't help but feel a little bit connected at least. I mean, all of a sudden there is living proof-- more so than an ultrasound-- that a little baby is growing inside. Everyone loves a baby, right?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment