Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sixty Eight

I just came back from a prenatal checkup. Pee on a stick, get weighed, take blood pressure, and get reprimanded by a nurse. It took about ten minutes.

I was shocked-- just floored to discover the enormity of my weight gain since my last visit. I clocked in at 68 kilos-- a whopping six kilos (that's about thirteen pounds)more than I did at my checkup one month and ten days ago. You're supposed to go up-- what? One pound a week? My friends, I more than doubled that. No wonder I feel fat. I AM fat. The proof is in the pudding.

The nurse yelling at me, by the way, was not about my weight gain (nobody believes me) but about not drinking enough water. She's right. It's my own fault that I've been getting these headaches. I need to drink more.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment