Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Itchy Scratchy

In this hot climate, checking for lice on your kids is a fact of life. When my scalp started itching during my last pregnancy, I was sure I'd somehow picked up some bugs from somewhere or other. But DH checked and didnt' see anything. Neither did the nurse and the doctor at the doctor's office, and neither did various relatives and friends who I recruited to go bug hunting on my head. I didn't have lice. It was official. And yet the itching persisted. It lasted a couple of months, as I recall, or maybe more.

Right now my scalp is scratchy. Very scratchy. And it can be quite embarrassing. Like I said, this is a lice heavy place and when people see other people scratching their scalp, they are probably thinking what I think they're thinking which is: I'd better stay far away from her head.

This time around, it's not just my head but also other parts of me. The back of my neck, my back, my shoulders sometimes my chest. My sister-in-law was really itchy all over for her entire pregnancy. She said it was horrible. Nobody seemed to know what to make of it and they actually worried for a while that it was some sort of warning sign of something gone wrong. People tend to overreact a little bit about pregnant women.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment