Thursday, March 26, 2009

Still Fat But Better

I know I've been going on a lot about body image lately but I guess that's where I am right now in my pregnancy.

I took the opportunity to evaluate where, exactly the fat problem is happening on my body. I know that I'm bigger and heavier, and a lot of it is just baby belly (or baby bump as the celeb papers annoyingly call it) but there was certainly something else happening. I had seen a video and pictures of me and things didn't look right.

Now, I think I tend to glorify my last pregnancy, but I don't remember this particular shape issue happening last time. I remember my shape last time as just plain old me with slightly bigger boobs and a volleyball-sized bloop protruding out the front of me. Photographs of the time more or less affirm these memories. However, if I'm completely honest with myself (it's rare but it happens), I can dig up memories of me sitting around an complaining to my husband about being fat last time around also. I just don't really remember where all this alleged fat was.

This time, I have located the source of the problem and now I can better hide it if not immediately eliminate it. It seems that what used to be the nice curve of my back-- right up above the butt-- has all but dissapeared. I look more like a guy from that angle now except that guys are still pretty rectangular back there and my butt still has the upside-down heart shape (though it's a bigger heart nowadays, seems to me). Is all this getting too graphic? Skip to the next post.

I vaguely remember someone telling me last time around that when you get a baby belly, it kind of pushes all the fat (as much as there was anyway) to the back of you. So if I remember this from last time, it must mean that I was having the same problem then too.

Other than that, it's not too bad of a prognosis. Maybe a little bit extra on the thighs, but not really. Maybe a little more of that 'skinny girl double chin' thing going on that I hate (you know what I mean? When skinny girls have this incongruous extra fat at the top of the neck? It's worse if you slouch like me.) But overall... well, I think it's mostly stuff that will go away when I start breastfeeding, assuming that breastfeeding goes as it did last time.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment