Sunday, March 22, 2009

Foreign Body

I'm trying to remember if I felt this way last time. Certainly, there were times during the pregnancy that I felt 'fat', but now I'm convinced of it. Looking at my thighs, the word 'thunder' comes to mind. Where did they come from? How can I make them go? I feel like my lower back, where my waist used to be, has merged with my buttocks. In fact, I'm convinced of this since I shot a video of myself and my son hanging laundry today (he's very helpful with the clothespins) and caught a glimpse of the wide expanse I used to be so proud of. Interestingly, since we are discussing my butt, it was only a few months ago that I noticed it had disappeared altogether. My body has gone through some really radical changes in the past two or three years since I first got pregnant. I was much more accepting of it last time around. Maybe this time I have the expectation of fitting right back in to my regular clothes after I give birth the way I did last time. Okay, it took me 4 months, but that's pretty fast, they say.
Because of the shape I'm carrying in (wider as opposed to the beach-ball-in-my-shirt look that I sported last time), it's suspected that I'm having a girl. Of course, that's an old wives tale, but even old wives are right at least 50% of the time when predicting gender, right?
I know for sure I'm getting bigger up top. This morning I was horrified to arrive home and see my bra and part of my enlarged breasts hanging out of the top where my buttons had popped open. For someone who's been an A-36 most of her life, this new development can be both warmly welcomed and also a bit alarming. It took me until the 9th month last time to figure out my new bra size wasn't a B-36 but an A-38. Try finding THAT size at your local Sears. Nursing bras were an even bigger challenge, but I digress. I think I'm even bigger this time because even the two A-38 bras I managed to find last time around aren't so comfortable right now. Talk about a foreign body-- who ever heard of gaining three inches of fat on your back??

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment