Thursday, March 26, 2009

Leg Cramps & Pins and Needles

I remember a difference between this pregnancy and the last one. Last time, I kept getting horrible foot and leg cramps. I would bend or flex my toes and they would just lock painfully in that position. It lasted for a couple of minutes each time. I think this is a fairly common symptom of pregnancy-- something to do with potassium? Maybe having a 'nana' obsessed toddler at home that has helped me keep the house stocked with bananas has aleviated the symptom this time. I have gotten a couple of cramps but minor ones.

I also have fewer episodes of my various appendages falling asleep. I still get pins and needles if I'm sitting at my desk or on the toilet too long or sometimes in my sleep, but last time I remember waking up with completely immobile arms almost every night. But last time I was also sleeping on a rather hard mattress and I think that contributed to the problem a lot.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment