Thursday, July 16, 2009

Flip Flop: Pregnancy Positions and Floor Avoidance

I'm not a big mover and shaker in bed. I'm also not someone who talks about my sex life so please don't misinterpret my words. What I mean is that I don't do a lot of flip-flopping in my sleep. However, I have been known to change positions over the course of a night.

Right now, and it has been this way for the past couple of months, probably-- ever since I got HUGE -- I can't simply roll from side to back to other side. Something about the slosh slosh of my belly prevents this from being a comfortable maneuver. In fact, I would say that most maneuvers are uncomfortable for me lately, but when turning over in bed involves waking up, sitting up, and then shifting my weight, the burden of it is a little more memorable.

I'm also dealing with maybe a tiny bit of nesting-- though you could also just call it the urge to pick up after my toddler and live in a reasonably neat house-- but it's too hard to pick things off the floor. I know this because it has just taken me a half hour to tidy up what should have taken about three minutes. And I'm still not done. I've been begging DH to recover things for me from under the couch for days now but he always finds excuses. In order for me to do it, I would have to actually lie down on my back, I think.

***Update**** He picked everything off the floor and out from under the couch when he got home.

Still, if i drop something, once it's on the floor it's pretty much lost to me. Oops. There goes my bobby pin-- I'll just get another. Spoon fell? The drawer is much higher than the floor. I'll get another from there. Even if the spoon is, say six feet (maximum-- I'm a tall girl) away from me and the drawer is farther than that. Then again, I don't like moving very much at all. Turning around in the car's passenger to look at DS in his carseat is something I've learned to avoid by just waving to him in the side-view mirror.

This too shall pass.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment