Sunday, July 5, 2009

Biding My Time 'till Baby

Despite certain discomforts (big belly, big feet, painful cheek), I am not in any rush for this baby to come out. I want it to come at the right time, in a natural way. Because of the nightmare with my last baby-- he was induced and it was horrible-- I don't care if I go all the way to 42 weeks. I just want it to happen naturally. Also, I want to know what the experience of having a baby feels like without all the added drugs and tubes and monitors. I want to know how I handle it. Will I break down and ask for an epidural like I did last time after several hours of non-retreating pain due to the artificially introduced hormones? Will the baby come quick and easy? I want to know. But I don't want to know until the baby is ready to come out. I always harbor some sense of guilt that we pulled DS out before he was ready to go. I am reconciled to the fact that he may have been in distress and that it was the best way to go at the time, but there are always the vestiges of heart over mind to deal with.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. Congratulation hun!! Enjoy these sweet moments before your life changes forever. Someday you’ll ask yourself what you did before your baby arrived and you’ll hardly be able to remember. I arrived on your blog randomly and I really like your posts and your pics aswell! I'm a mum of a little boy called Marlow and I really enjoy reading other mummy stories online. Have you picked any baby names yet? You should have a look at http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ where you can search names by meaning and origin, plus its got a list of top 100 names for boys and girls. Hope its helpful - I thought it was great when picking my babies name xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bounty! I also have a little boy (currently still first time mom, second time pregnant...). And yes, we are having trouble picking out a name so thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete