Friday, July 24, 2009

Baby Names Part 2 (I think)

Considering that I'm feeling contractions, I should probably be doing something other than blogging and twitting... like making arrangements for my son for the weekend. But here I am. Thinking about baby names some more. I had one in mind. I grew to like it. I began thinking of the baby in those terms, with that name. Then we consulted with someone about it and what they said made DH nix it. Like I said before, I'm giving him more control over this name since I had so much influence over the last. But he keeps insisting on these junk food names. In fact, the one he's set on is #1 NUMBER ONE in the list of baby names locally. It's a nice name, yes, and it's got some nice connotations to it, but gosh... I really don't want my kid to have a name equivalent to the Jessica or a Stephanie of my generation. Nothing personal against any particular Jessicas or Stephanies. Or Jennifers. It's just that today those names sound kitchy and dated. I did find out that the name he wants is actually biblical in origin, which makes me feel a little better-- and the person whose name it was in the bible is someone who I could live with. So althogh DH has a higher bid here, I don't think I'll submit my veto quite yet.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment