Thursday, May 21, 2009

Inflation

I went to the pool again yesterday. That's where I weigh myself. I'm up to 73 kilos. Couldn't believe my eyes. That's more than I gained my whole 1st pregnancy, and I still have 2 months left to go on this one. I'm feeling it too. I looked down at my legs the other day, which are usually chicken-thin. They had bulk. They had substance. And it's not edema. It's... did you know you can gain weight on your legs? I guess if I think about really heavy people they have a lot more flesh on their legs.
In the mirror when I got dressed I reminded myself of one of those Russian Babushka dolls-- the kind with all the little dolls inside. I don't have a proper full-length mirror at home, which is maybe fortunate for my self-image lately. What I saw was a tiny head on top and big and sturdy on the bottom (wouldn't want the doll to fall over.) I was wearing a full skirt and a scarf in my hair, which only helped encourage my imagination. I was only missing the frilly apron. Hey, I even have the little doll inside. A coincidence? I think not.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment