Wednesday, April 22, 2009

More on Body Image

I think that in my last pregnancy, I was just more comfortable with the idea of growing larger. I think I tend to romanticize my last pregnancy a bit.
I'm finding that very tight clothes don't look as good this time around as slightly looser things.
By the way, I walked in to the office the other day and my boss said to me "my, you're looking plump." He hadn't seen me in two weeks. I wasn't terribly offended-- it's hard to offend me and anyway, what other people think about the way I look is secondary to how I think I look. But it is kind of a social faux-pas for him to say that, and I'm sure he was kicking himself for it afterwords. Sometimes things just slip out of people's mouths. My response was "you don't know the half of it." After all, I am constantly complaining about how big I feel/look. And then we got in to a discussion of twins.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment