Saturday, January 10, 2009

Remember When...

All the little things from my last pregnancy are coming back to me, though I feel as though they're coming on earlier in this pregnancy. When I lie down, I feel as though I have blood pooling in whatever side I'm lying on. So I flip and then I get the same feeling on the other side. It happens on my back too. This is especially problematic because of another pregnancy thing that has greeted me in Round 2. The sciatic nerve. OW. DH thinks it's actually a pulled muscle, but I don't remember pulling it, and I only had it last pregnancy and never before and never since until now. Sometimes it's very mild but, like a pulled muscle, it really hurts terribly if I do something to exert it like pushing a heavy shopping cart or lifting groceries or, when it's already bad, I can hardly lift the baby. It also tends to get aggravated when I lie on that side. So I have to be very careful when I'm doing my night-time flip-flops not to put weight on that specific place. And it's pretty specific. A kind of line that runs from above my right butt cheek and down through to the top of my thigh. At times it can be excruciating. A few days ago I could hardly get out of bed.

Another symptom that comes out mostly at night, besides frequent urination (but not as frequent as last time) is that my arms tend to fall asleep. I'm not even lying on them. Often, I sleep with my elbows pressed against the mattress and that's enough to provoke this phenomenon.

Pregnant women are supposed to be gassy, but I'm not. That is, I'm not except for about once every couple of weeks or so when all of a sudden I get this enormous stomach ache. The first time I had it, I just sat around, suffering for hours and trying different self-treatments before I came upon the solution. I just need to curl up in bed and, let's just say, let loose. Takes a little while, but then I'm as good as new.

And with that pleasant thought, I end this post.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment